Monday, July 20, 2009

July 19, 2009

Dear Family,

I am having such an incredible time out here serving the Lord. I have only been here a few days and it is truly one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Admittedly, the first day was a little rough, but since then I have been getting along with all the elders in my district and having been feeling the spirit all day every day (except for perhaps the sudden shock of a shower turning from enjoyable warm to scream-out-loud cold, but I'm sure there's a reason for that . . . right). My companion's name is Elder Harper and we get along really well -- I think we'll make a great companionship. My days begin at 6:30 and are filled with gospel study, language-learning (including testifying to complete strangers in Spanish), and lots of other great spiritually enriching activities, (with a few short food breaks thrown in there somewhere). About the food, - it is actually not too bad. At orientation they told us we could have all that we wanted, which is great. . . . except for the fact that we get a fraction of the time we need to eat how much we want! But its great, I am loving it here.

Mom, thanks for the treats, it was great to get a package. All the elders are getting multiple letters a day, so its nice to know there are people out there that still love me. Cami, thank you for your letter, it helped me through the first night and uplifted my spirits. (personal note here not included). (more notes about shots, and medical stuff)

Well, I should get to bed -- I have an early morning. . . . every . . . day . . . but I love it :). I love you all very much and look forward to your letters very much!!

Esta iglesia es la iglesia de Jesucristo y doy las gracias cada dia que puedo servir nuestro Salvador! Ustedes amo con todo mi corazon. Hasta luego! (This church is the church of Jesus Christ and every day I give thanks that I may serve our Savior! I love you guys with all my heart. Until then!)

Con amor (with love),
Elder Trevor Vincent (as Elder Harpes likes to pronunce, Elder Beencent)

Doy los abrozos del mente a todos! (I give everyone mental hugs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment