Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 29, 2009

(Email from Trevor to his mom)

Momma!

Thanks for the e-mail! If you could let everyone know about DearElder.com, that is a great way to send me typed letters (the word for that in spanish, by the way, is cartas. Mail is correo). I don't have a whole lot of time on the computer so I prefer e-mail to not be the main way of communication. The system here kicks me off after exactly 30 minutes. I'll have to figure out how to print e-mails so I can log off and not use my time while I read the letters.

I'm glad to hear the family is doing well and that you and the rest of the family got to see so many relatives! I'm sorry that I couldn't be there but I have to say there is no place I'd rather be than here (except for perhaps Chile hehe). I'm sorry to hear about Grandma's condition, but as I've been reading in the scriptures diligently the past few weeks I've learned and re-learned a lot about God's plan for all of us and I don't fear for her at all. I know she'll be in good hands once her time on this earth is finished. It is always sad to think of the passing of a loved one, but we can have comfort in the knowledge, as you said, of an afterlife where we will all be able to live as one happy family with our Heavenly Father. Tengo que decir que estudiando el evangelio en español es muy bien para mi testimonio. Puedo expresarme como no pude antes de mi misión. Estoy agradecido por mi llamamiento misional y todo que puedo hacer y tener por eso. Es bien que quiere practicar su español, es la idioma mejor del mundo! Le amo con todo me corazón y también para la oportunidad para servir nuestro Señor. That should give you a little spanish to read! Well, I'd better go. My time on the computer is just about up. I love you very much and look forward to hearing from you more!

-Elder Vincent

PS. Make sure everyone knows about DearElder.com. I do NOT want e-mail to be the main form of communication because of the time restriction. Thank you!

Trevor sent this as a second email:

Ok, so I found out how to print e-mails and such here. So if family members wish to email me, they can. Please let my friends and other family members know about DearElder.com, though. Ok, I'm going for real this time. I only have 2 minutes left! Ahhh! Love you!

-Elder Trevor Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment