Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009

Trevor's...er...Elder Vincent's final MTC email!!!

Good to hear from you! I didn't really get any mail at all this week, except for that wonderful care package :), so it was good. I love getting mail/email, it always brightens up my day.
Thanks for the update on Grandma, I'm glad to hear she's doing better. I'm sure she's much happier to be out of the hospital and into somewhere a little bit more homely - I know I would be if I were her. Pass along my love, I'll keep her in my prayers/fasts.

Good to hear you're keeping busy, sounds like you don't really ever have a dull moment. I have to say I'm pretty happy about not being there to smell that plant stuff hehe. But then again, if I weren't on my mission I'd be back up at USU by now so I wouldn't smell it anyway :-p. I'll bet your pretty excited about the new bed situation - be very grateful for that, I have no idea what I'll be sleeping on by this time next week haha. I've talked to a few returned missionaries from Chile, though, and they all have wonderful things to say about it. I'm sure I'll absolutely love it. I woke up this morning feeling poopy (headache, kind of threw up a little in the bathroom, etc.) but I seem to be doing much better already. My stomach feels fine (I was able to eat most of a breakfast at the temple) and my headache/sore throat seems to be subsiding. So I'm pretty sure I just had a little fluke. Hopefully it doesn't resurface!

As far as the music situation goes - I'm really hoping I get to listen to some of it at some point. I've gone 8 weeks without hearing a single song (that wasn't sung by missionaries) and it's really taking a toll. I neeeeeed music, but we can't listen to ANY here. So hopefully that will get better out in the field. I haven't heard anything about my mission president, but I will make sure to be completely obedient no matter what. I hadn't heard that category of mission presidents thing before, so I'm hoping it's not actually like that. We'll just have to see. Sleeping bag - I'm not sure what I'll be able to get down there, but I sure don't want to have more weight than is allowed - waaay to pricey. So I'll just have to bring what I have and make it work. I can alwasy get some stuff down there as well to help out. Darn these weight restrictions!
As for the money in my account - I have NO way of knowing how much is in there (except for keeping track of my receipts), so it would be great if there would be some way for you to let me know what the balance is. I don't know how the bank would like that. Maybe I'll be able to check it online when I get out into the field. Once again, we'll just have to see :).
Photos - I'm not exactly sure what I would do with them, but I guess it couldn't hurt to have them. I've never really sent anyone pictures of myself before haha, so it'll be a new experience if I end up doing that.

Flight plans - I did get them and I sent them to you in a box along with with the Santa Biblia and some pictures of me/my district/and some Elders from my zone who have left already. Just to give you a visual on what some parts of my life here are like. I should be calling between 8 and 9 on Monday though, so let me know what the situation there is - and who I need to call.
Well, that's just about all I've got for this week. Next week I'll be in Chile!!! Ahhhh, it's crazy. I'm feeling a bit nervous and maybe a little scared, probably because I've never been outside the country before, but I am looking forward to it very much. There's nowhere else I'd rather be, so I'll just keep that mind-set and trust in the Lord to help me. Alrighty, can't wait to hear from you again - love you mucho!

-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment