Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009

By way of explanation of his first paragraph, a lady from our ward saw Trevor at the temple this morning and asked if he wanted her to tell me (mom) anything. He said, "Just tell her I love her." She was so impressed with him -- how cute he is, how attentive he was in the temple (his buddy was dozing), how much Kelton's looking like him - even could see a bit of Cami in his eyes.

Mommmmacita!

Glad to hear you got the message! I saw them this morning, I didn't think they would get back to you that fast haha. But it's good to know they did. I've actually been seeing quite a few familiar faces in the temple over the past two months. Two months! It's crazy to think that I'll be out of here in less than two weeks. I only have one more temple visit left before I leave...kind of a sad thought. Maybe when/if you and dad come down to pick me up in two years we can run up to Santiago to go to the temple :). I'll probably want to spend most of the time in Concepcion (if you do come), though, because that's where I'll be familiar with. We'll just have to see how that plays out. I've heard that some of the parents of the other Elders in my district want to come pick them up as well. I'm sure everyone would want to, since Chile is the coolest place in South America and all...hehe.

Thanks for doing all you could with the shirt, I'm surprised all your momma tricks didn't work! It was a dry-erase marker that did the damage. I'm not sure how I got it, but there it is.
As far as packages go, don't send too much more food cause I'll have to just give it away when I leave if it doesn't get eaten. Sin embargo (however), small bags of chips and reeses/oreo packages are always welcome though :). As far as money goes, I've heard, from a returned missionary from Chile, that some places in Chile actually use American money. I'm not sure how that will be in my area, but I thought that was pretty cool. I could use another small deposit in my bank account as I will be replenishing my toiletry stash before leaving, and it would be good if I could get like $20 in cash. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to use my debit cards down there, but I may have to have you send me new ones depending on when my cards expire.
I'll be getting flight plans tomorrow!!!! Hopefully anyway. We don't need visas or anything so there shouldn't be any delays - we'll be out of here a week from Monday! That's pretty crazy about all the other guys from my age group being all around the world. We just got a new teacher transfered to our class who got back from his mission in Madrid about a month ago. Back a month and he's already teaching in the MTC haha. Good stuff.

Well, that's just about all I have for right now. E-mails always feel so scatter-brained. I did send a letter today as well, so that might make more sense. OH! So the new spanish bible came out, and I bought it. Soooo, I'm going to be sending you the other bible I was using. It's a nice one, so I'm sure you'll appreciate it. By nice I mean it's leather bound, not like the triple I sent you. It has a few markings of my own in it, but it's still pretty blank for all your thoughts ;-). Alrighty, I'll look forward to hearing from you. Love you!

-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment