Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27, 2009

¡Mamacita!

I loooove getting e-mails every week, I'll just start out by saying that. And I had a smile from ear to ear when I saw that you have sent a package for me - everyone here has been asking me when my parents are going to send me peanut better because they all want to try it haha. So I guess it's a good thing you sent a lot because I'll probably end up sharing some of it. I'll have to make sure I don't bring the whole container everywhere because I don't want people seeing how much I have. Everyone calls me ''qüico'' (rich) here anyway because of the stuff I already have. Especially my ties, everyone loves my ties. They're just joking around though, we have a good time.

I'll say that was a pretty short calling! Wow. I really miss the strength of the church in the states. The organization, the number of people with callings, the number of people who actually GO to church every sunday. I think that's the thing I miss the most church-wise. On average we have about 40-50 people in church every week in Cabrero. But I love it - some of my best friends in the world are here.

That's interesting about the hard-water situation. I'll bet that's a relief to know that the dishwasher hasn't gone bad yet, though. But that's getting better, so haleluia. And on goes the work with the sewing room! I'll be excited to see how things have changed when I get back. You should be happy to know that all the things you have taught me have been sticking out here - I hate it when there's a mess in our house, and I feel bad when things are out of order. I don't think Elder Kester felt the same way(I have a picture of our study space to show you that I'll send later today hehe), but I've been working to keep our house in order. The little time that we spend there, anyway.



Mammmma, don't be too upset about the breakfast thing. I've fixed it ;-). This past week we've been having some bread and jam with some ecco (mixed with milk) in the mornings. So don't worry, I plan to make time for breakfast from now on. And then the members stuff us like turkeys for lunch. There's a few negocios right by our house, so we're not going hungry. This morning I had some kiwi, pan, and an omelette (courtesy of Elder Tarrazas). I'm in Los Angeles for today and tomorrow because Elder Kester was called to be a zone leader in Talcahuano, so he had to leave and I'm Elder Kamalu's companion for a few days. My new companion is called Elder Hudson (I think), and he'll be getting here tomorrow. Cabrero will be his last sector, so I'll probably be staying there for two more cambios (at least). Which means I'll be in Cabrero until January, most likely. We've been having a great time here in Los Angeles - last night we went and visited some of their investigators and then went back to the house for a few card games and then went to bed. And then today for our p-day we went to the centro to buy some things. A joven here called Jonathan went with us, he's preparing to serve a mission here pretty soon. We ate lunch at this little place that serves two-foot-long completos! I took some pictures that I'll send today. It was DELICIOUS. And then we went to a music store - I tried a sax but it was (to put it lightly) a hunk of junk that was imitating a saxophone. I could hardly get a sound out of it. But they had guitars as well, and Jonathan is a very good player so we passed it well.



The church is ready to explode in Cabrero. In September we had 7 bapstisms, and then in October we were just working really hard to find people, and for November (if all goes well) we should have between 10 and 15 bapstisms! Working hard every day, all day. And I'm loving every bit of it. It's starting to get pretty hot here, so I'm glad I've got this hour to be out of the sun haha. But yeah, everything is going great - there are rough days from time to time, but generally I'm having the time of my life. Something that makes me really happy, now, is that I'm understanding pretty much everything. There are some people that are difficult to understand just because of the way they talk, but generally I understand everyone. So on it goes :)


Well, I'm going to go respond to a few other e-mails from some family members and get those pictures sent. It was great to hear about things back home and that things are going well! I'll keep you all in my prayers! I love you all very much!

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment