Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

Heeeeeeeylo!

It's kind of wierd to think that my birthday is this week....hmmmm, interesting. I think we'll be calling home this next weekend as well...so I'll have to find out more about that and then I'll try to get word to you. I hope it's on Sunday, because that would be a big help. When we do the call, though, I'll be at the Millahual family's house, so I'll be sure to get you the number just incase you lost it or something. They're such an amazing family, I've gotten really close to them over the past 4 months. We'll be there this Sunday first of all because we have lunch with them every Sunday, but also because the family will be having a little birthday celebration for Fernanda (their oldest daughter - she'll be 21) and me. Mine is the 8th and hers is the 9th, pretty cool, eh? So yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could call on Sunday. But if not, I'm sure it will be Monday for el día de la madre.

Birthday Crowns!

Your little outdoor adventure sounds like it was...a lot of fun! Haha. At least you're just leaving winter though - now you get to laugh and point fingers at me because we're heading into rainy, cold weather while you'll be enjoying summer and all the fun jazz that comes with it. Today it's a bit rainy, but I guess I should just get used to it, because from what I've heard during the winter it rains, and rains, and rains, and rains. In the words of my first companion, Elder Kester, Chile basically just turns into a giant puddle during the winter. I'll still have a great time though, always have, always will!

I'm glad to hear the rest of the fam is doing well - I don't really get any news from them...THEY DON'T WRITE ME!! Stinkers! Good to know the studies are finishing up well. The other day we were at the Millahual's house and they were on facebook and asked all the names of the people in my family so that they could look them up (I think Fernanda might have requested to be friends with mom and dad), so I got to see some more recent pictures :) Made me smile a bit. I'm absolutely loving my time down here, but do know that I do miss each one of you and would love to hear from you once in awhile! Momma sets the good example and writes me every week :)

This weekend will be even MORE cool (what could be cooler than my birthday? psh), because Oscar, Marta and Macarena's brother, will be getting baptized. I don't think there's a better way to pass a birthday in the mission.

Elder Hall and I have been having a great time together - once in awhile I pull a joke or two on him...hehe, just cause he's a greenie. But he's a great Elder. I always try to learn as much as I can from the companions that the Lord puts me with, and something that I have really enjoyed about being with Elder Hall is that he's just full of the spirit the MTC gives you. I remember those 8 weeks of spiritual boot camp, and I kind of miss it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'd ever go back, but it's really great to have a companion who is really focused on the spirituality of the work because the language barrier is still pretty big for him. He's learning really fast though, hopefully I'm setting a good example for him!

Me and my boy!

Last one to do this has to say the prayer.

Yep, we're huge!

I love you all very much and I pray for you very often. I'm very much looking forward to sharing some mission experiences (spiritual and funny alike hehe) face-to-face. It's really true what they say about the mission changing your life - it's really put things into perspective and helped me set goals for my life. Not to mention I have gotten to know fleas better than I ever have before, hehe. Well, I think that's just about it for this week. Love and miss you tons! Looking forward to hearing from you next week!

Love,
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment