Friday, January 1, 2010

December 28, 2009

Let's see, what's happened here in the past few days. I'll just do my little bullet list thingy and send some pictures:

1. Freddy gave me the coolest Christmas present ever on the 24th. We were having a mini party with their family, and while they were opening their presents Freddy and Carmen Gloria had me sit down after which they handed me a small present that had a folded up piece of paper inside. As I unfolded it there was a message that said, ''Elder Vincent...this 16 of January I would like you to help me with a very important step I'm going to take in my life...would you like to baptize me?'' He's been going to church for over a year and is finally going to get baptized this coming month :)

2. This last sunday Carmen Gloria's daughter had us watch the Hannah Montana movie in 3D. Hannah Montana! Yeah! It was...interesting haha. Freddy put on the 3D glasses and put his face right up to the screen and said, ''Ah yeah, now I can see how it's bigger!'' And then the image changed to a close-up of Hannah and he jumped back and screamed hahaha. Good times.



3. An old lady attacked me this morning! Not violently, but she was hugging me around the waste (she was a short old lady) and wouldn't let go! She was saying stuff like, ''¡Aahhhh, mi gringo lindo! ¡Precioso gringo!'' She even told Elder Rodriguez to give me his sweater because I'm skinnier than he is (it's a bit rainy today). It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life...AH! We're certain that she was drunk. So if you don't want to hug random gringos, don't get drunk.


Well, I don't really have much else to say for this week. It was really great to talk to you all on Friday, I hope you all had a great Christmas. I'm going to get some of these pictures I took this last week sent now. Have a happy new year! I love you all very much!





-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment