Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 11, 2010

Querida Mamita,

It's so wierd to hear about the church actually having activities with the members! If we want to do anything here in Cabrero the missionaries have to do basically everything - including buying all the goodies and stuff, which we really don't have money to do. We had an activity the other week in which Freddy shared a spiritual thought, and then we watched Charly afterwards. The idea was that each person would bring something so that there would be food, but the only person who brought anything was Freddy (the rest of them were expecting that somebody else would bring something, but if everyone thinks that same thing...well, we have a ton of food, then, don't we? haha). I really miss ward choir too. Not so much singing in it, but hearing it. Listening to the branch sing is like hearing a devil chant haha - the person who starts the song starts way too low and then nobody sings the key anyway so it just sounds like a chant. If I could play piano better I would play during meetings. I should start practicing. I don't remember hearing or playing that song (he's referring to "How Can I Keep From Singing," which our choir sang last Sunday)...maybe you can record it on your next tape to me. Glad to know you liked my redneck-spanish accent! (on tape, for Joel) When I talk like that here nobody understands it - but I do get some good laughs out of it, so it's a good ice-breaker.

I don't think I'll have time to start a letter to everyone who gave me something for Christmas, so here's my thank you for everyone who did: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate it and will send you a letter next week thanking you personally!

President Swenson trusts us - we live exactly by the rules that the church has given us. So we don't have any extra bogus rules. We can watch movies, but only Disney and church movies. So we can't just watch whatever we want. Every rule that is in the mission manual, we obey. But he's an amazing mission president and trusts that we will obey the rules on our own without him having to hang over our shoulders. President Swenson will be going home about 2 weeks before I finish my mission, so I won't have very much time with a new mission president. I feel really lucky and blessed to have such an amazing mission president - and his wife is just as great.

Requests for Valentine's: REESES! I'm not sure what else to ask for, but I could always use some reeses. Maybe some of the other types of Reeses like fastbreak or the crunch kind or something? The other christmas package did get here, thank you very much for the shirt, photos, video, tape, and...flea collars? My zone laughed at me when I opened that haha. I told them that I'm going to put it under my matress so that I'll never have problems with fleas and then they were all jealous...hehe. But thank you very much for the package!

Well, my time is just about up so I should probably wrap this up and get some pictures sent. Just about the only updates for this week is that Freddy is going to get baptized at Salta del Laja this saturday and that I'll probably be leaving Cabrero next Tuesday. So I'll let you know next Monday where I'll be going. Thank you for the e-mail! I love and miss you all very much!

"Dios es mas grande - Que tu problema"


Pepsi-drunk

Elder Rodriguez putting a cat to sleep



-Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment