Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010

Hola Mama!!!

I don't think I'll be writing in spanish this week because the tilde (accent mark) doesn't seem to be working on this keyboard. So that would change the meanings of a couple words, probably.

Mwahaha! Enjoy that back-to-school stuff suckers! Well...I'll enjoy not having it while I can haha - this is my last school year not studying. But then again I'm excited to study again, so it'll all be good.

Congrats to Justin and Mandi! I haven't heard from them in a few weeks...hmm.

Congrats on your new calling! I'm sure you'll be a great choir director. Just look at it this way - if someone good comes before you it just gives you all that much more motivation to work harder and have even better results! That's something I like here in the mission - you always hear about good missionaries that have gone through certain sectors, which motivates us to work really hard so that we can be the missionary they talk about! Haha, just kidding - I don't love myself that much. But if a missionary does good things in a sector the members usually remember them.

So here's a random note - there's a new sister missionary in my zone who lived in Provo who I swear I had met before the mission. Her name is Sister Bair - ring any bells? She said she knows some people I went to high school with: Lauren and Maria Stone, the Crandall family, etc. Yeshhh...

My new companion Elder Heiser and I are working insanely hard. This sector hasn't baptized in about 9 weeks (which is a long time for a zone leader sector), but as of right now we have 4 dates for September - 3 of them are a mom, Angela, and her two kids Gonzalo and Krishna. Their dad r-u-n-n-o-f-t on them and is now living with another woman...scumbag... I should shouldn't say those kinds of things about God's children...son-of-God scumbag...better? Haha. But yeah, they're loving church and all that we're sharing with them and are excited to get baptized. The other lady is named Maria Nela and she's absolutely golden. After church on Sunday we dropped by to see her and she accepted a baptismal date and comitted herself to read the entire Book of Mormon by this Saturday! And the cool thing is I believe she can do it! Haha, so we're extatic about her.

Being a zone leader sure eats up any extra time I may have had at the end of days...we're always doing something, haha. But that's ok - it keeps me VERY much focused and I am learning a lot of new things - how to have success in life in general. So I'm very grateful to have this opportunity.

Well, I forgot my thingy to attach my camera to the computer, so I don't think I'll be able to send pictures this week. We had consejo with President Swenson this morning in Concepcion so I didn't remember to bring it. Funny story about that actually, before I finish up. So we had bought bus tickets from Los Angeles to Concepcion for 7 this morning, which means we were going to wake up at 5 to get all showered and ready, take the 2-hour bus-ride to Concepcion, and then take a micro (small bus) up to Talcahuano for 45 minutes to get to the chaple in Villa Cerro in time for the meeting at 10am. We went to sleep....11pm....wake up in the middle of the night...stupid dogs....SEVEN!!!! IT'S SEVEN!!!! Screams Elder Kamalu in his funny panic voice haha. The stinking alarm didn't go off! So we jumped out of bed, threw our suits on, brushed the teeth, got the hair wet, and bolted it over to the bus terminal. We were able to catch a bus...that left at 8! So we got to the terminal in Concepcion around 9:35...not enough time to take a micro. So we jumped in a taxi, told the driver that we were in a hurry, and he rocketed it over to the chaple. We got there before President Swenson and about half the other missionaries! Haha, so that was a pretty amazing story. Now I'm looking forward to getting back to Los Angeles so I can take a shower and then go visit some investigators. The end :) Hope you enjoyed that, haha.

Alrighty, I believe that's it for now. I'll make sure to get some pictures to you for next week - I have to admit I'm kind of lazy at taking pictures because I don't like to look like a tourist, but I'll get better at it and take more pictures from now on. I hope you have a good week! Love and miss you tons!

Love,
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment